Table of Contents
Finding the best fish finder for a bass boat can take a lot of time and effort since there is so much to compare when looking at different fish finders. In addition to analyzing the GPS, sonar technology, and how smoothly you are going to be able to see and read the screen, you also have to take into consideration the display and transducer to make sure that it is powerful enough to operate on your boat. Buying the wrong fish finder isn’t just frustrating; it’s also costly and you, may not be able to return it to get your money back.
Using this guide, you will be able to see why the Lowrance Elite-7 Ti Touch Combo w/TotalScan is the best fish finder for your bass boat. Whether you just got a new bass boat or have had one for years and just decided to get a fish finder to improve your time out on the water. Knowing what fishfinder will work the best for your needs will save you time, money, and hassle, which will let you spend more time what you want to be doing anyway – fishing. Using your bass boat is a great way to catch fish but only if you can find them.
Best Fish Finder For A Bass Boat
Elite-7 Ti – 7-inch Fish Finder with TotalScan Transducer
- TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY: The Elite-7 Ti Fish Finder includes a touchscreen display to control all features, navigate menus, and scroll using just a touch.
- BLUETOOTH & WIFI: Control on-board equipment like PowerPoles through the Bluetooth connectivity and connect to Wi-Fi for upgrades and service.
- EASY SETUP: A single transducer can be mounted on the transom of your boat.
- MORE SONAR VIEWS: TotalScan transducer gives you DownScan sonar (straight down), SideScan sonar (up to 300′ to each side), and CHIRP sonar (fish arch) views.
- NAVIONICS+ MAPPING: Inland and coastal coverage of US and Canada.
- FISH FINDER & GPS: The Elite-7 Ti provides basic navigation with a GPS plotter that allows you to add waypoints, follow trails, and navigate.
- UPGRADABLE: The fish finder comes complete with an SD card slot for software and mapping upgrades, future features and third-party maps to be added.
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Product?
- The screen size is incredibly important when you are looking for a fish finder for your bass boat as you want to be able to see it from all areas of your boat without having to move closer to the screen or crane your neck. With a 12-inch screen, this Lowrance Elite is an excellent choice and will be visible.
- Being able to connect wirelessly to your fish finder is a new feature that makes it easy to use Bluetooth or connect with WiFi. While there isn’t an Ethernet port, you can easily plug your Ethernet into a wireless router and then connect with WiFi. This makes it easy to update maps while you are on the go.
- The cable length for the transducer is about twenty feet, which is generally long enough for most bass boats. If you need a longer cable, then it’s easy and cost-effective to buy an extension cable.
- This fish finder offers the ability to take it out of the box, turn it on, and start fishing. Because it is so user-friendly, most people can efficiently operate the Lowrance Elite without any problems, although the instruction book included is very detailed and easy to understand.
Why We Chose This Product Over Others
This product is excellent because of all of the added features that make it fun and easy to use when you are out fishing. Not only will you be able to quickly see the fish that you’re trying to catch as well as anything else that is under the water, including vegetation and rocks, but you can also enjoy additional features. Being able to track the water temperature and have it displayed on the screen at all times makes it easy to narrow down where your favorite fish will be at any given time and to follow them as they move.
While some other fish finders will shut down when they are in the hot sun for hours, the Lowrance Elite has been specially designed to stand up to even direct sun without problems. This means that you can fish in the middle of the summer and spend as long as you want on your bass boat without your unit failing. Moreover, of course, the robust transducer means that you won’t have any clarity or noise problems with your screen and can quickly set up your fish finder anywhere on the boat, keeping you from being limited about where you mount your display.
What We Like and Dislike About This Product
The touchscreen interface is incredibly easy to use and very responsive, which means that you won’t waste time or get frustrated with an unresponsive screen. While there are some buttons, most of your interaction will be with the touchscreen.
The NAV software is already preloaded on the Lowrance Elite so you can immediately start fishing without delay. There are other software and map updates that you can install easily at your leisure.
The Lowrance Elite offers many different languages, making this fish finder ideal for customers all over the world.
Basic waypoint sharing is incredibly smooth due to the network connectivity so you can track and share where you are without delays or problems.
The included mount doesn’t swivel, although it does move backward and forward. If you want to make sure that you can easily see your screen from anywhere on your bass boat and control the angle at which it is turned, then you may want to buy a different mount.
To view your sonar logs on a desktop, you will have to pay a yearly subscription, which can become quite expensive for the amateur fisherman or people who want to try tracking their logs.
Why We Feel That You Should Buy This Product
When you’re searching for the best fish finder for a bass boat, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all of the available options, but the Lowrance Elite-7 Ti Touch Combo w/TotalScan is the total package and will offer you everything that you need to enjoy a great day out on the water. You will enjoy incredibly powerful scanning capabilities that use various frequencies to give you the best and the most precise view of what is going on underneath the water. Being able to update your software while out fishing ensures that you are always updated and won’t ever miss any changes.
It can be challenging to find a great fish finder that offers a screen large enough to be seen from a far distance on your bass boat, but the Lowrance Elite does just that. Gone are the days of squinting to see the screen or having to walk back and forth on your boat to check your progress. It’s especially important for bass boat owners to have a decent screen that is clear and easy to read and when you opt for the Lowrance Elite, you will enjoy just that. Keep an eye on the screen and still be able to monitor your lines with this fish finder.
Do you need some help learning how to operate your fish finder? Check out this informative article on fish finder basics.
Do you need to know where to mount your fish finder? Here are 4 fish finder mounting locations.